This gallery contains 2 photos.
So, you’ve left your USB Diffuser plugged into the side of your laptop, at the office, up thirty flights of stairs. You have a bottle of Stress Away in your pocket and you’re getting ready to go sit in traffic for a few hours as part of your daily commute.
You’ve just found your bags at a new airport. You’re tired, but this vacation promises to be awesome. You take the shuttle to the rental car lot where you pick out a car that will surely optimize your trip. Good stereo. Sporty. Good on gas. But then you open the door, only to to smell something that can only be described as what it must be like when an air freshener vomits in the car. You’ve left your diffuser at home . . .
You’re on your way home from a long road trip with the family. You look over to your partner. They’re asleep. Kids in the back seat? Asleep, one of whom still has remnants of that after dinner snack on their lips. It’s up to you to get the family home safely. You’re tired. You have your trusty Peppermint oil, but no diffuser. Do you douse a paper towel to the point of being sopping with your oil and throw it in the car? You could if you have another bottle on your ER because that’s how much it’s going to take. Do you try to finagle plugging your Aroma Lux? Hopefully you have an extra seat.
Instead, simply turn your car into a rolling diffuser. Here’s what you do:
- Take a tissue, paper towel, or even a piece of paper if you’re desperate and grab it in the center, fluff it like you imagine your grandfather (or a magician) would with a hanky creating a flower-like shape.
- Drop some of your favorite oil into the center of the flower (a little will go a long way)
- Take the base of the flower and gently wedge it in your air vent in your car. Be careful not to push it in too far; just enough so that it stays.
- Turn on the air fan so that air is moving over the tissue flower.
You’ve just MacGyver’d a diffuser with your car, some tissues, and a few drops of your favorite oil! Always put your oils on, as our bodies are the best diffusers, but this little Oily Life Hack can help in a pinch.
Like us on Facebook for future Oily Life Hacks and an upcoming travel-specific series.
This gallery contains 1 photo.
Most of us enjoy the Young Living Lifestyle. We have the Thieves Foaming Handsoap in every bathroom, we diffuse oils throughout our home, and we greatly enjoy the supplements from YL. Pretty good right? Absolutely! But, what if we could do it better? What are those little things that you want to know to enhance your YL Lifestyle?
You are reading the first installment of Oily Life Hacks. This series is designed to help you get the most out of YL every oil-loving day. So, where do we start? Do we talk about travel? Not today, check in for a future installment for that one. What about enjoying our oils with our kids? Well, that could be a whole series in and of itself.
What if today we can help you solve a problem that you will absolutely encounter if you use oils for any length of time? What do we do with all those empty bottles? Do you throw them away? No! Do you recycle them? Yes, but not right now.
If you’re like us, you end up with a bunch of empty bottles that you don’t’ want to get rid of. We become oil bottle hoarders. “What if there is another few drops in there?” “What if I can’t get that oil anymore and I don’t want to forget the smell of it?” “I’m sure there are a few molecules left. . .” “I had some fond memories with that oil . . .” Okay, the last quote you’re probably not thinking about with DiGize! But what about something as simple as lavender?
Here is what we suggest that you do:
- Soak the bottles in purified room temperature or cold water (hot water will cause the oil to evaporate). Don’t be afraid to leave the dropper orifices and tops in there as well.
- With clean hands or clean kitchen tongs, remove the bottles and, orifices, and tops after they’ve had a chance to sit for a while. Make sure to swish them around a little as you’re taking them out.
- Pour the water into a clean sealed container or water bottle (preferably glass) or simply straight into your diffuser.
- You can also pour the water into a mister/small sprayer for an awesome bedspread spray or simply something to spray around a room.
- If you just soaked one of your favorite bottles and like the colors, graphics, etc., put one of the roller stoppers in the bottle that comes in your Premium Starter Kit. You now have a happy vessel for a happy blend that you may want to create. We use Harmony, Joy, White Angelica, and Valor (Yes, that’s a touchy subject) to create our “Happy Oil Blend.”
- You can also use the bottles for other thinks like storing seeds for the spring, etc. Get creative!
- With the bottles that you don’t want, that you don’t’ want to use for a roller, a blend, or anything else. Simply recycle them. The planet will thank you and so will your spouse because your recycle bin will smell a lot better!
We hope you’ve enjoyed this first installment of Oily Life Hacks. Stay tuned for more and feel free to leave a comment with suggestions on what you’d like to know about!
YL Family, Inc.
This gallery contains 1 photo.